It’s a Sunday afternoon, what better way to pass the time than baking?
This cookies were delicious. If you’re ever in the mood for baking, give them a whirl.
This is the recipe I used, it makes 12 cookies:
- 150g plain flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g soft butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- I also used about 4 squares (broken down small) of dark chocolate
Really easy instructions:
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 (or 170c) and prepare two lined baking trays
2. Bowl one: mix together flour, cocoa powder, bicarb of soda, salt.
3. Bowl two: mix the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Continue to mix!
4. Add bowl 1 to bowl 2. Mix until thick smooth mixture. Add your chocolate chips!
5. Spoon mixture out onto baking trays – keep as round “lumps” – don’t flatten them because they do this naturally.
6. Cook for 18 minutes! (The wait is the hardest…)
7. After you take them out of the oven, leave to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes – do not transfer to cooling rack until they harden (or they will fall through the grids – I’ve lost good cookies this way…)
And voila, cookies complete!