So far, I’ve had a pretty lovely Saturday. My friend Kimmi, who I hadn’t seen for months, came home for the weekend – so we had a nice little reunion in town for spot of shopping and lunch!
Isn’t she pretty? I’ve been trying to persuade Kimmi to start up a beauty blog – her knowledge is practically encyclopedic and I love it when she does my make-up – she’s so good! I’d hire her as my MUA anyday! Today I reined in my instinct to shop, didn’t buy much and no clothes were purchased. That’s what I call progress!
What did I buy? Boots had a 3-for-2 offer so I treated myself to some Aussie haircare products I also bought a matte eyeshadow which Kimmi suggested for a brow powder- I’m looking forward to testing it out later. (Thrifting tip: brow powders can be very expensive – a matte eyeshadow is a lot cheaper and does the same job). I also grabbed a face mask on the way home. I’m feel a little un-energised, so a pampering session this evening should do the world of good.
What did I wear? It was a casual meeting in town so I donned my New Girl dress and my leather jacket because it’s still so cold! I’m also wearing my New Look wedges, which I wear pretty much every day as they go with just about everything.
I call it my “New Girl” dress because it’s the same one that Zooey Deschanel wears in the New Girl intro. I sourced this dress from eBay, which is originally a Zara creation. I hadn’t worn this dress for quite some time (with my bangs and penchant for quirkiness I would just be referred to as “Jess” in public) but I’ll definitely be wearing it more often as it’s so comfortable!
Before I leave, I have some Leibster Award questions to answer from The Victoire Diaries:
- What made you create your blog? I love fashion, vintage, beauty and crafting so I decided to create a blog to showcase all of this. I adore having my own little piece of the internet.
- If you could own anything in the world, what would it be? The power to be fearless. Or maybe the Mulberry “Alexa” bag…
- Cereal or toast? I live on both, but I think toast might have the edge there.
- Favourite model? I might jump on the bandwagon and say Cara Delevingne – she’s a lot of fun,
- One song you’ll never get out of your head? R U Mine by the Arctic Monkeys. It’s always going round my head!
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? I’d love to be living in a city, somewhere stylish, with a great job that I love doing.
- I’d never be able to live without… My phone. Having my phone out of my hand for more than a minute is enough to cause blind panic! I think I have a technology addiction…
- My Starbucks order is… “One regular hot chocolate, whipped cream and marshmellows please”! =]
- Favourite piece of clothing or pair of shoes you own? I can’t answer, it’s like asking a mother to choose her favourite child…
- One beauty tip that never fails? Cleanse your face in cold not warm water – it’s SO much better for the skin.
- Favourite DIY? Now that I know how to make skirts, I’ll be making several – keep your eyes peeled!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, blogging is a fantastic way to meet lovely new people who share your interests and passions. Thank you Victoire for the questions!
I’m off to chill out and have a little spa session! Have a lovely Saturday night and I hope you all get lots of nice chocolate tomorrow!