To celebrate the long awaited return of The Great British Bake Off, I’ve joined the aptly named The Great Blogger Bake Off!
We’ll be baking each week, matching the theme of the GBBO’s episode. This week’s theme? Cake!
I’m no Mary Berry, that’s for sure – but this is my recipe for some delicious Chocolate Fudge Muffins! It’s insanely easy and takes barely any time to bake!
- 50g milk chocolate
- 85g butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 200g self-raising flour
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 150ml soured cream
- Topping: 100g of milk chocolate, 100g of white chocolate, chocolate stars.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl – stir and leave to cool.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugars together. In another bowl, beat the egg and soured cream, then pour over the dry ingredients and add the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 10 muffin cases and heat on gas mark 5/ fan 170/ conventional 190 for 20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack, melt the remaining chocolate for topping and decorate!
I’ll be back next week with some delicious biscuits!