Welcome to week two of The Great Blogger Bake Off! This week’s theme is ‘biscuits’ and after a little bit of pondering, I decided to bake my world famous (slight exaggeration) chocolate chip cookies.
These are classic style cookies (I love a retro bake) and make the perfect addition to any gathering- or even as a cute little present for a friend! They’re also ideal comfort food and after the terrible news about Robin, an indescribably important and beloved element of my childhood, I think I’ll be taking a cookie or two and watching Hook to commemorate the laughter he brought to the world.
This is a recipe I’ve perfected over the years, much to the delight of my family and friends. Apparently these are the tastiest cookies around, so try out the recipe yourself and let me know what you think!
- 225g flour
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips/chunks
- Cream together your sugars and butter. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and salt, add to the mixture and then add your chocolate!
- Cover bowl with cling film and place in fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm a little. You can skip this step if you wish.
- Pre heat over to Gas Mark 4/ 180C.
- Add small round shapes of cookie dough to greasing papered baking tray and flatten slightly. Leave plenty of space between each cookie!
- Cook for 7-10 minutes depending on how gooey/crispy you like them. I find 8 minutes is perfect for me! They look undercooked when you remove them, but trust me – they’re done!
- Leave on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack – I often add mine with the greasing paper still underneath! Make sure they’re hardened or they’ll fall through. Messy.
- Pour yourself a nice glass of milk and enjoy!